Did you make a New Year’s resolution this year? If you did, chances are you’re working to make something better. For the ACLU of Maine, that means working to make Maine a better place in 2018. It means more freedom, more justice and more equality for all people. Here are some of our resolutions:
- Protect voting rights from attacks by elected officials.
- Expand access to abortion care for all women.
- Speak out against racism and sexism wherever we see it.
- Watch more movies made by women and people of color.
- Make sure kids get the help and support they need, instead of getting locked up.
- Protect personal data privacy on the Internet.
- Show up for more of the amazing events planned by our partner organizations.
- Help ACLU of Maine members get involved in democracy by calling their elected officials, testifying at the legislature, and staying informed.
2018 also brings the next legislative session, and already we’re spending a lot of time in Augusta. We’d love to see you there. Visit our Action Center or follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get updates on the bills that matter to your civil rights and liberties.
Together, let’s make 2018 the year of freedom, justice and equality!
Happy New Year,
The ACLU of Maine team