March with the ACLU of Maine at the largest LGBTQ+ Pride parade in Northern New England. Join us to affirm together that love is love!
Across the country, members of the LGBTQ+ community have asked for us all to remember that Pride started as resistance - and that the work is not done. Join us at Pride Portland this Saturday, June 17 at 11:00am to march in solidarity with multiple movements fighting for LGBTQ+ rights.
March with us:
- To express that #LoveisLove and #LoveWins
- To affirm that we must fight to protect Trans lives. The struggle for LGBTQ+ rights, dignity, and survival continues because no one is truly equal until we all are. Wecall for an end to violence against trans people and specifically women of color, who are most often the target.
- Against Executive Order 13798, “Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty.” This executive order lays a foundation for potential discrimination against LGBTQ+ people, women, and religious minorities under the guise of religious liberty.
- To show your support for passing the Equality Act. The bill would not only enshrine important protections in federal law – it would also send a powerful message about LGBTQ+ equality in America.
- To say we won’t ever tolerate or condone discrimination against the LGBTQ+ community. This movement has never been just about marriage or bathrooms. We demand full and equal protection before the law.
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Line-Up Time: 11 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Parade Begins at Noon
The ACLU of Maine will line up on Center St. between Free Street and Congress. Look for the rainbow ACLU heart flags! Route: Monument Square, Congress Street, High Street, Park Ave, Deering Oaks Park
All are welcome to march with us!
After the parade, join us for the Pride Festival in Deering Oaks Park. Look for our table near Park Ave!