It’s been a very big year. Here is just some of what we’ve accomplished together:
- Put a stop to the automatic suspension of driver’s licenses over missed fine payments.
- Filed a lawsuit on behalf of an 11-year-old boy with mental illness who was beaten by guards at the Long Creek youth prison.
- Launched a website and held a series of DA candidate forums to help voters better understand the power of DAs before they went to the polls.
- Filed two lawsuits aimed at forcing Customs and Border Protection to operate more transparently in Maine.
- Defended the right of Black people to live freely without having the police called on them for no good reason.
- Fought back against government censorship, in our lawsuit to stop Gov. LePage from blocking constituents on his official Facebook page.
- Pushed forward with two lawsuits to make sure all Maine women can access abortion care, regardless of where they live or how much money they make.
And that’s only a fraction of everything we accomplished together!
It is our honor to defend the rights of our fellow Mainers. We promise to keep it up, side by side with you, through the new year and every year after that.